For more information and to watch for the release of a Call for Abstracts, please visit: https://nursingworkforcecenters.org/.
National Forum of State Nursing Workforce Centers Annual Conference:
The focus is "The Changing Face of Nursing in the Decade Ahead". The conference, which is being held at the Brown Palace Hotel in Denver, Colorado on June 12 - 14, 2019, will bring together nursing, healthcare, and workforce research leaders from across the country to discuss important issues related to the current and future nursing workforce of America. Co-hosting the event are Dr. Karren Kowalski with the Colorado Center for Nursing Excellence and Dr. Peter Buerhaus with Montana State University Center for Interdisciplinary Health Workforce Studies.
Keynote speakers include:
* Jerome M. Adams, MD, MPH, current Surgeon General of the United States
* Lynda Benton, Senior Director, Global Corporate Equity and Partnerships at Johnson and Johnson
* David M. Cutler, Harvard College Professor, Otto Eckstein Professor of Applied Economics, Research Associate at National Bureau of Economic Research
* Mary Jo Jerde, MBA, RN, NEA-BC, RN-BC, Sr. Vice President, UnitedHealth Group
* Ian Morrison, author, futurist, consultant, and speaker specializing in the future of healthcare and the changing business environment
* Susan C. Reinhard, RN, PhD, FAAN, Sr. Vice President and Director, AARP Public Policy Institute, and Chief Strategist, Center to Champion Nursing in America
Our plenary speakers and breakout podium presenters will be leading discussions related to telehealth, employer realities, aging & diverse populations, growing impact of APRN roles, behavioral & primary healthcare, building healthy communities, and many other topics.